To Listen While Reading

Loading...

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Tips For Thriving This Semester

So lately, I've been super busy. Like, kinda of annoyingly busy. It's caused me to almost melt down a few times and it started creeping up again this morning. I've been frustrated because while I really don't mind lists and the practicality of them, I also miss the spontaneity of living life with people. I'm learning and figuring this out...But at any rate, I felt like making a list of ways to keep myself personally healthy was mega appropriate. I felt like sharing them on here just because I wonder if this could help anyone with the same dilemma (upper-classmen? future upper-classmen? busy people?). So without further ado, here goes (PS, specific names and places have been left out to maintain confidentiality):

-Plan out my weekly schedule; class times, homework, lunch, meetings, miscellaneous needs, free time (social time? Who to see?)
-Remember that it is only just one semester and there are no guarantees that next semester will be remotely the same; peace with now and later
-Praise Jesus for a few minutes when I wake up and also in the shower
-Don't listen to music on way to class all the time; be smart about timing (don't miss out on seeing people I know; pay attention to who I usually see when and be intentional about seeing them)
-Talk to Jesus about my schoolwork/homework (e.g. What do You think about this? How does this fit into what I know about Your grace and love for me and the world? How does this fit into what I'm learning over here [in this other subject or in life]? How does this effect what You have in mind for me ministry-wise? How does this effect my relationships?)
-Listen to lots of new music and get excited about future ministry! (Possibly implementing those ideas in a church or just going for it in a band! The possibilities are truly endless!)
-Hang out and have fun with Jesus later in the day (aka get stuff done early in the day and don't worry about it--just do)
-Write poems about how I feel. They will be later inspiration.
-Call mom once a week; Text sister once a week; email grandpa every 2 weeks; text dad once a month
-Settle into my internship placement neatly
-Have my own thoughts and offer them in classes
-Text/call boyfriend often; pray for him; write/share my heart for him
-See certain friend once a week (pick a normal day?)
-Meet with certain friend once a week or every 2 weeks
-Try to talk to certain potential mentor every week or 2 weeks if better
-Hang with close friend often and listen to friend (opens up doors for opening up and sharing/being honest)
-Go to chapel and be myself at all costs
-Go to old floor's floor worships every 2 weeks (support, be encouraged)
-Attitude of gratitude before anything else
-Blog my thoughts/share them on Facebook
-Go to hall's events
-Go to church regularly and don't freak out about getting involved unless it feels right
-Try to only go home every 3 weeks/once a month
-Help out at certain church's ministry joyfully
-Play my music out in the community when I think I can and invite friends to come
-Let people pursue me when they want to (in that way share my beauty)
-Lunch date with people who want to hang that aren't already in the big picture (on these specific days that I have available)
-Lather, rinse, repeat

Yes, it's long. But boy, does it put things in perspective! Enjoy if you so choose. :)

No comments: