Thursday, September 21, 2023

To my Last Ex

You’ll never see this, 
Because I won’t let you 
Same way I’m not letting you see me these days 

The last time you saw me was December 8th of 2021
It’s coming up on 2 years 

You did a lot of things after we broke up that you said you couldn’t do with me 
because your life was too busy and too chaotic 

But I’ve realized you couldn’t see me
because you missed the forest for the trees
as much as you loved feeling my breeze
you got lost 
and maybe you were lost all along 
I don’t think I’ll ever know that 

But I’m letting you go forever
And I hope we never see each other again 

You viewed my TikTok profile at 8 o’clock on a Saturday night 
i’m sorry you’re so busy you still have the time to gander my way out of a morbid curiosity 
and thank god, my profile looks old
you don’t know that my hair color and length has changed
what my girlfriend looks like or her name 
or that I’m leaving your fucking city for good 
because I’m drowning, a lot like I was when we were together last 

But this time, 
This time
This time

I am letting you go 
You vortex of utter destruction 
Like a moth to a flame: That’s the boundary 
The edges of me burn off the ends now

No comments: