Saturday, December 25, 2021

Merry Fuggin' Christmas

It's Christmas 2021. 
I've been so angsty and moody and mopey all day. 
And then I remembered that's how I always get every year this day. 
The existentialism hits me in a way that leads me to lay down somewhere a dissociate to the heavens. 

I thought about my father for like 2 seconds today. Fuck that guy. This is progress. I could truly care less about him this year. What a wonderful feeling, truly. 

But perhaps it is because I am so overcome with everything else this year, I don't even have time to devote to thinking about him (this is not true but it objectively feels so). 

I am going through a divorce, I am going through another gut-wrenching breakup,  I am mourning the loss of my stepfather to divorce, I am in a town by myself with just my cat and my roommate, and I did have to work today and although it was probably a good thing, I fucking hate capitalism. 

Christmas is just another day of the year to get through. I am knowing that like I've never known it before. 

Everything feels awfully shallow and empty on Christmas anyways. I'm ready to let it go. Time to move on. 

No comments: